|Refiner / Mint||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Country of Origin||Canada|
|Pure metal content (grams)||3.11|
|Packaging Details||Protective plastic flip / plastic tube (containing 10 units)|
Canada was the first country to introduce a pure gold bullion coin and the Canadian Maple leaf was first produced by the Royal Canadian Mint in 1979.
The face value of the maple leaf is $5 (CAD) and the coins minted between 1979-1982 had a fineness of 99.9%. From 1983 onwards, the fineness was changed to 99.99% which in practice makes little difference to the value or gold content of the coin. The obverse shows a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II and the reverse depicts a maple leaf, one of the National symbols of Canada. The obverse designer of the coin is Mary Gillick and the designer for the reverse Celia Godkin. The 24 carat maple leaf is very popular with investors and collectors who prefer pure gold, but also coins of beauty. Since the launch of the coin in 1979, these gold coins have sold more than 25 million troy ounces.
Please note we only deliver within the UK and Northern Ireland.
Orders will be dispatched same day providing cleared funds are received by 3pm, weekdays only.
1. In-store pickup: Free
2. Orders under £500: Free, insured via Royal Mail 2nd Class Signed For
3. Orders under £500: Insured Next Day Guaranteed by 1pm Upgrade. This delivery option costs £10
4. Orders over £500: Free, insured Next Day Guaranteed by 1pm. Orders in excess of £50,000 will be dispatched in separate parcels via Royal Mail Special Delivery or UPS
5. Next Day Guaranteed by 9am Upgrade: Insured delivery available on orders of any value, up to 1.8kg. This delivery option costs £25
6. Saturday Guaranteed by 9am Upgrade: Insured Saturday delivery available on orders of any value up to 1.8kg. This delivery option costs £30. All funds received after 3pm Friday will be delivered on the following Saturday
7. Saturday Guaranteed by 1pm Upgrade: Insured Saturday delivery available on orders of any value up to 9kg. This delivery option costs £20. All funds received after 3pm Friday will be delivered on the following Saturday
8. Silver and gift items weighing over 1.8kg will be sent via UPS next day delivery
9. UPS Courier Service Upgrade: Insured delivery available on orders of any value. This delivery option costs £30
If you require any additional information or service, please contact us on +44(0) 20 7871 0532