Refiner / Mint|
Country of Origin|
1967 - 2016|
Protective plastic flip|
The Krugerrand was the first of the one ounce bullion coins. Issued originally in 1967 to market the gold produced by the South African mines, it has become one of the most popular Bullion coins. The obverse of the Krugerrand shows a portrait of Paul Kruger, the first president of South Africa, and the reverse depicts a Springbok, one of the National symbols of South Africa.
The reverse side of the coin was designed by the famous South African artist Coert Steynberg. It is minted in 22 carat gold, as it is more durable than pure gold.
From 1980 onwards the Krugerrand was also issued in fractional sizes of one-half, one-quarter and one-tenth of a troy ounce. The 1/4oz Krugerrand gold coin does not show a denomination because it was linked to daily gold price and was mainly introduced for foreign trade. The physical weight of the Krugerrand gold coin is 33.93 grams and it contains one troy ounce of gold. Copper makes up 8.33% of the coin's weight and is the reason for the red tint to the gold.
The 1/4oz Kruggerand Gold Coin - Best Value, may come from any year of issue, with one of our experts selecting the best available at the time of purchase.
Please note we only deliver within the UK and Northern Ireland.
Orders will be dispatched same day providing cleared funds are received by 3pm, weekdays only.
1. In-store pickup: Free
2. Orders under £500: Free, insured via Royal Mail 2nd Class Signed For
3. Orders under £500: Insured Next Day Guaranteed by 1pm Upgrade. This delivery option costs £10
4. Orders over £500: Free, insured Next Day Guaranteed by 1pm. Orders in excess of £50,000 will be dispatched in separate parcels via Royal Mail Special Delivery or UPS
5. Next Day Guaranteed by 9am Upgrade: Insured delivery available on orders of any value, up to 1.8kg. This delivery option costs £25
6. Saturday Guaranteed by 9am Upgrade: Insured Saturday delivery available on orders of any value up to 1.8kg. This delivery option costs £30. All funds received after 3pm Friday will be delivered on the following Saturday
7. Saturday Guaranteed by 1pm Upgrade: Insured Saturday delivery available on orders of any value up to 9kg. This delivery option costs £20. All funds received after 3pm Friday will be delivered on the following Saturday
8. Silver and gift items weighing over 1.8kg will be sent via UPS next day delivery
9. UPS Courier Service Upgrade: Insured delivery available on orders of any value. This delivery option costs £30
If you require any additional information or service, please contact us on +44(0) 20 7871 0532
Can we help?-
We are online Mon-Fri between 9am-5pm. Please leave a message and we'll get back to you.
Our showroom is also open Mon-Fri between 9am-5pm at 54 St James's Street, London, SW1A 1JT.
Contact us on +442078710532.
Many thanks for your time, we will be in touch where appropriate.