|Refiner / Mint
|Royal Mint of Spain
|Country of Origin
|Pure metal content (grams)
In 2021 The Real Casa de la Monedal's first gold bullion coin release featuring the Iberian lynx, was immensely successuful. 2022 follows with a celebration of a quintessential symbol of Spanish culture and history, the fighting bull or TORO BRAVO native to the Iberian Peninsula. The sport of bullfighting drew clear inspiration from the Roman Empire’s gladiatorial games, and the first official bullfight is believed to have been held in honor of King Alfonso VIII’s coronation in 1158. A piece of that history is available to collectors with the 2022 1 oz Reverse Proof Royal Spanish Mint Bull Gold Coin.
The bullfighting season in Spain runs from March through October, with origins dating back as far as the early 8th century AD. It’s believed to have been originally inspired by the VENATIONES or hunting games of ancient Rome, where humans would be pitted against a variety of beasts in the gladiatorial ring. The modern form of bullfighting or CORRIDA has its roots in the 18th century, when toreadors like Francisco Romero began to face the mighty TORO BRAVO on foot rather than on horseback.
The TORO BRAVO‘s legacy is celebrated by the 2022 Reverse Proof Royal Spanish Mint Bull Gold Coin, which uses advanced modern minting techniques to deliver a mirrored finish to the coin’s devices and laser frosting to its background fields.
The coin’s obverse side features two hemispheres under a royal crown, flanked by the Pillars of Hercules bearing the motto “PLVS VLTRA” above stylized waves. This is the COLUMNARIA motif famous from the historic Spanish Pillar silver dollar, surmounted by a holographic security feature and surrounded by the inscriptions “FELIPE VI REY DE ESPANA” and “1 ONZA 999.9 ORO.”
The reverse side shows a TORO BRAVO in motion with his horns held high. He is surrounded by the inscriptions “1,5 EURO,” “TORO,” and “2022,” along with the crowned-M mint mark of Real Casa de la Moneda.
Please note we only deliver within the UK and Northern Ireland.
Orders will be dispatched same day providing cleared funds are received by 3pm, weekdays only.
Next Day Guarantee via Royal Mail now includes Saturday
1. Collection: Free
2. Orders under £500: Free, insured via Royal Mail 48, allow 2–3 business days.
3. Orders under £500: Insured Next Day Guaranteed by 1pm Upgrade. This delivery option costs £10
4. Orders over £500: Free, Insured Next Day Guaranteed by 1pm. Orders in excess of £50,000 will be dispatched in separate parcels via Royal Mail or FedEx.
5. Next Day Guaranteed by 9am Upgrade: Insured delivery available on orders of any value, up to 1.8kg. This delivery option costs £30
6. Silver and gift items weighing over 1.8kg will be sent via FedEx next day delivery, order must be completed before 2pm.
7. FedEx Courier Service Upgrade: Insured delivery available on orders of any value, completed before 2pm This delivery option costs £30
If you have any questions or special requests, please contact us on +44(0) 20 7871 0532
Can we help?-
We are online Mon-Fri between 9am-5pm. Please leave a message and we'll get back to you.
Our showroom is also open Mon-Fri between 9am-5pm at 54 St James's Street, London, SW1A 1JT.
Contact us on +442078710532.
Many thanks for your time, we will be in touch where appropriate.