|Refiner / Mint
|The Royal Mint
|Country of Origin
|Pure metal content (grams)
|Protective Plastic Sleeve
Dispatch from Tuesday 20th June 2023.
The second mythical figure to feature in the Royal Mint's three-coin bullion series inspired by the legend of King Arthur is Merlin, the sorcerer who is popularly known as the fierce warrior’s trusted adviser and prophet.
The figure of Merlin was essentially created by Geoffrey of Monmouth in his twelfth-century work Historia Regum Britanniae (The History of the Kings of Britain). Geoffrey’s text played a pivotal role in popularising Arthurian legend and, from the Middle Ages onwards, Merlin has become a central figure in the mythology, notably in American literature and popular culture.
David Lawrence, an illustrator with numerous coin designs in his portfolio, has portrayed Merlin as a magical figure, with an owl on his shoulder to represent the sorcerer’s wisdom. At his belt is a golden sickle for cutting mistletoe in the sacred grove and he holds a magic stave. Glastonbury appears in the background, which is said to be the inspiration for the mystical isle of Avalon.
Please note we only deliver within the UK and Northern Ireland.
Orders will be dispatched same day providing cleared funds are received by 3pm, weekdays only.
1. In-store pickup: Free
2. Orders under £500: Free, insured via Royal Mail 2nd Class Signed For
3. Orders under £500: Insured Next Day Guaranteed by 1pm Upgrade. This delivery option costs £10
4. Orders over £500: Free, insured Next Day Guaranteed by 1pm. Orders in excess of £50,000 will be dispatched in separate parcels via Royal Mail Special Delivery or UPS
5. Next Day Guaranteed by 9am Upgrade: Insured delivery available on orders of any value, up to 1.8kg. This delivery option costs £25
6. Saturday Guaranteed by 9am Upgrade: Insured Saturday delivery available on orders of any value up to 1.8kg. This delivery option costs £30. All funds received after 3pm Friday will be delivered on the following Saturday
7. Saturday Guaranteed by 1pm Upgrade: Insured Saturday delivery available on orders of any value up to 9kg. This delivery option costs £20. All funds received after 3pm Friday will be delivered on the following Saturday
8. Silver and gift items weighing over 1.8kg will be sent via UPS next day delivery
9. UPS Courier Service Upgrade: Insured delivery available on orders of any value. This delivery option costs £30
If you require any additional information or service, please contact us on +44(0) 20 7871 0532
Can we help?-
We are online Mon-Fri between 9am-5pm. Please leave a message and we'll get back to you.
Our showroom is also open Mon-Fri between 9am-5pm at 54 St James's Street, London, SW1A 1JT.
Contact us on +442078710532.
Many thanks for your time, we will be in touch where appropriate.