|Refiner / Mint||The Royal Mint|
|Country of Origin||Great Britain|
|Year minted||Mixed Dates|
|Pure metal content (grams)||7.32|
Crowned queen at just 18, Queen Victoria’s first coins were issued in 1838 and featured the ‘Young Head’ portrait by William Wyon RA on the obverse.
As the first Sovereign of her reign, the Victoria Young Head Shield Back Sovereign is considered to be one of the most collectable classic coins.
It is the only Queen Victoria Sovereign to feature a shield on the reverse, designed by Jean Baptise Merlen, with all other Sovereign coins struck during her rule depicting St. George and the Dragon on the reverse.
In addition to its numismatic value, the coin continues to appeal to the UK investor due to its Captial Gains Tax exemption, as it is classified as British legal tender.
Please note we only deliver within the UK and Northern Ireland.
Orders will be dispatched same day providing cleared funds are received by 3pm, weekdays only.
1. In-store pickup: Free
2. Orders under £500: Free, insured via Royal Mail 2nd Class Signed For
3. Orders under £500: Insured Next Day Guaranteed by 1pm Upgrade. This delivery option costs £10
4. Orders over £500: Free, insured Next Day Guaranteed by 1pm. Orders in excess of £50,000 will be dispatched in separate parcels via Royal Mail Special Delivery or UPS
5. Next Day Guaranteed by 9am Upgrade: Insured delivery available on orders of any value, up to 1.8kg. This delivery option costs £25
6. Saturday Guaranteed by 9am Upgrade: Insured Saturday delivery available on orders of any value up to 1.8kg. This delivery option costs £30. All funds received after 3pm Friday will be delivered on the following Saturday
7. Saturday Guaranteed by 1pm Upgrade: Insured Saturday delivery available on orders of any value up to 9kg. This delivery option costs £20. All funds received after 3pm Friday will be delivered on the following Saturday
8. Silver and gift items weighing over 1.8kg will be sent via UPS next day delivery
9. UPS Courier Service Upgrade: Insured delivery available on orders of any value. This delivery option costs £30
If you require any additional information or service, please contact us on +44(0) 20 7871 0532
Customers Also Viewed These Products
The 2020 1 ounce Britannia gold coins provided by Sharps Pixley and issued by the Royal Mint, are now made in 24-carat and are also issued in fractional sizes of one-half, one-quarter, and one-tenth of a troy ounce, with face values of £50, £25, and £10 respectively.