Queen Elizabeth II Pre-decimal Gold Sovereign
Out of Stock
|For larger quantities please call us on 0207 871 0532 to discuss.|
|Refiner / Mint||The Royal Mint|
|Country of Origin||Great Britain|
|Year minted||1957-68 ( exceptions 1960 and 61)|
|Pure metal content (grams)||7.315|
|Dimensions||Diameter: 22.05mm, Thickness: 1.52mm|
|Packaging Details||Protective plastic flip|
The Elizabeth II (Pre Decimal) Sovereign, also sometimes referred to as the “young head” is a gold coin of the United Kingdom.
It has a nominal value of one pound sterling, but in practice is used as a bullion coin. This historical coin represents Britain's power and wealth and is globally accepted. Unique to this sovereign, is that it was the first bullion coin to show a portrait of the young Queen Elizabeth II, upon her Accession at age 26. The reverse depicts Italian engraver Benedetto Pistrucci's traditional Saint George & Dragon design. The Sovereigns are minted in 22 carat gold and are free from Capital Gains Tax, which makes it an attractive gold coin to hold for UK investors. Various years are available and the individual coins are delivered in our protective plastic flips.
Please note we only deliver within the UK and Northern Ireland.
Orders will be dispatched same day providing cleared funds are received by 3pm, weekdays only.
1. In-store pickup: Free
2. Orders under £500: Free, insured via Royal Mail 2nd Class Signed For
3. Orders under £500: Insured Next Day Guaranteed by 1pm Upgrade. This delivery option costs £10
4. Orders over £500: Free, insured Next Day Guaranteed by 1pm. Orders in excess of £50,000 will be dispatched in separate parcels via Royal Mail Special Delivery or UPS
5. Next Day Guaranteed by 9am Upgrade: Insured delivery available on orders of any value, up to 1.8kg. This delivery option costs £25
6. Saturday Guaranteed by 9am Upgrade: Insured Saturday delivery available on orders of any value up to 1.8kg. This delivery option costs £30. All funds received after 3pm Friday will be delivered on the following Saturday
7. Saturday Guaranteed by 1pm Upgrade: Insured Saturday delivery available on orders of any value up to 9kg. This delivery option costs £20. All funds received after 3pm Friday will be delivered on the following Saturday
8. Silver and gift items weighing over 1.8kg will be sent via UPS next day delivery
9. UPS Courier Service Upgrade: Insured delivery available on orders of any value. This delivery option costs £30
If you require any additional information or service, please contact us on +44(0) 20 7871 0532
Customers Also Viewed These Products
Can we help?-
We are online Mon-Fri between 9am-5pm. Please leave a message and we'll get back to you.
Our showroom is also open Mon-Fri between 9am-5pm at 54 St James's Street, London, SW1A 1JT.
Contact us on +442078710532.
Many thanks for your time, we will be in touch where appropriate.