|Refiner / Mint||The Royal Mint|
|Country of Origin||Great Britain|
|Pure metal content (grams)||31.104|
The Queen’s Beasts Collection brings ancient symbols of ancestry, power and heraldry to life on a series of prestigious coins. Acclaimed designer Jody Clark has reimagined the ten beasts that stood guard at the coronation of Her Majesty The Queen in 1953; each one representing a strand of ancestry brought together in a young woman about to be crowned before the nation.
Combining investment with exceptional design, this popular series concludes with a design showcasing the majestic White Greyhound of Richmond. In 1449, Henry VI granted the earldom of Richmond to his half-brother Edmund Tudor. With this grant, Edmund received Henry’s permission to use a particular version of the Royal Arms featuring a white greyhound as a heraldic supporter. Edmund’s only son would become Henry VII when he defeated Richard III at the Battle of Bosworth in 1485. The greyhound expressed both his Tudor and Lancastrian ancestry, through which he claimed the throne.
The shield the white greyhound is clutching shows the Tudor rose. Combining the red rose of Lancaster and the white rose of York, it symbolises how Henry VII united these warring houses, ending the Wars of the Roses. Artist Jody Clark captures the greyhound’s nobility, as well as its power and elegance. Featuring a secure chainmail background, the realism of the White Greyhound of Richmond is displayed to its fullest.
Please note we only deliver within the UK and Northern Ireland.
Orders will be dispatched same day providing cleared funds are received by 3pm, weekdays only.
1. In-store pickup: Free
2. Orders under £500: Free, insured via Royal Mail 2nd Class Signed For
3. Orders under £500: Insured Next Day Guaranteed by 1pm Upgrade. This delivery option costs £10
4. Orders over £500: Free, insured Next Day Guaranteed by 1pm. Orders in excess of £50,000 will be dispatched in separate parcels via Royal Mail Special Delivery or UPS
5. Next Day Guaranteed by 9am Upgrade: Insured delivery available on orders of any value, up to 1.8kg. This delivery option costs £25
6. Saturday Guaranteed by 9am Upgrade: Insured Saturday delivery available on orders of any value up to 1.8kg. This delivery option costs £30. All funds received after 3pm Friday will be delivered on the following Saturday
7. Saturday Guaranteed by 1pm Upgrade: Insured Saturday delivery available on orders of any value up to 9kg. This delivery option costs £20. All funds received after 3pm Friday will be delivered on the following Saturday
8. Silver and gift items weighing over 1.8kg will be sent via UPS next day delivery
9. UPS Courier Service Upgrade: Insured delivery available on orders of any value. This delivery option costs £30
If you require any additional information or service, please contact us on +44(0) 20 7871 0532
Can we help?-
We are online Mon-Fri between 9am-5pm. Please leave a message and we'll get back to you.
Our showroom is also open Mon-Fri between 9am-5pm at 54 St James's Street, London, SW1A 1JT.
Contact us on +442078710532.
Many thanks for your time, we will be in touch where appropriate.