|Refiner / Mint
|The Royal Mint
|Country of Origin
|Protective plastic flips
This latest release of the 2024 Britannia issued by The Royal Mint is the second to feature the portrait of His Majesty King Charles III. This evolution keeps Philip Nathan’s acclaimed interpretation of Britannia with four ground breaking security features, creating the most visually secure bullion coin in the world:
- A latent image changes from a padlock to Britannia’s famous trident
- Surface animation brings the background of sparkling waves to life
- Micro text gives both decoration and protection – ‘an ornament and a safeguard’
- Britannia’s shield bears the Union Flag accented with tincture lines
Britannia appeared almost 2,000 years ago on Roman coins, then later on copper halfpennies and farthings of Charles II from 1672. Britannia continued to appear on bronze coins until decimalisation when she appeared on the fifty pence coins. Between 1901 and 1935, Britannia was portrayed standing on British Trade Dollars as well as on the florins of Edward VII from 1902 to 1910. The current design of the standing Britannia was created by the artist Philip Nathan. Her image has symbolized Britain's strength and integrity on coinage since the Roman times. The obverse features Ian Rank-Broadley's portrait of her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
Today, the Silver Britannias are one of the most popular one ounce gold coin for UK based private investors, as they are Capital Gains Tax Free (CGT Exempt).
The 1/10oz Britannia Silver Coin would be a great addition to any precious metal collection or investment, and is delivered in our protective plastic slips.
Please note we only deliver within the UK and Northern Ireland.
Orders will be dispatched same day providing cleared funds are received by 3pm, weekdays only.
Next Day Guarantee via Royal Mail now includes Saturday
1. Collection: Free
2. Orders under £500: Free, insured via Royal Mail 48, allow 2–3 business days.
3. Orders under £500: Insured Next Day Guaranteed by 1pm Upgrade. This delivery option costs £10
4. Orders over £500: Free, Insured Next Day Guaranteed by 1pm. Orders in excess of £50,000 will be dispatched in separate parcels via Royal Mail or FedEx.
5. Next Day Guaranteed by 9am Upgrade: Insured delivery available on orders of any value, up to 1.8kg. This delivery option costs £30
6. Silver and gift items weighing over 1.8kg will be sent via FedEx next day delivery, order must be completed before 2pm.
7. FedEx Courier Service Upgrade: Insured delivery available on orders of any value, completed before 2pm This delivery option costs £30
If you have any questions or special requests, please contact us on +44(0) 20 7871 0532
Can we help?-
We are online Mon-Fri between 9am-5pm. Please leave a message and we'll get back to you.
Our showroom is also open Mon-Fri between 9am-5pm at 54 St James's Street, London, SW1A 1JT.
Contact us on +442078710532.
Many thanks for your time, we will be in touch where appropriate.