|Refiner / Mint||The Royal Mint|
|Country of Origin||Great Britain|
Britannia has been cast as the female personification of Britain for centuries, evolving through the ages to capture the spirit of a nation and its people. First appearing on the coins of the Roman Emperor Hadrian, Britannia has been a continuous presence on British coins since 1672. Today, this icon appears on our flagship Britannia bullion coin. Renowned for its beauty and reliability, this incarnation of Britannia was created by sculptor Philip Nathan in 1987. He presented the ‘queen of the seas’ with carefully chosen symbols of Britain’s identity – a shield for protection, an olive branch for peace and a trident for her maritime links. The award-winning design has become so highly regarded that only The Royal Mint is able to strike genuine Britannia coins featuring Philip Nathan’s interpretation. This modern classic has been struck on the 2023 bullion coin, which contains one kilo of 999 fine silver and depicts Britannia standing boldly amongst the waves.
This one kilo silver coin includes four additional security features, as does the one ounce fine silver and the one ounce, half-ounce, quarter-ounce and tenth-ounce fine gold editions of the coin.
Please note we only deliver within the UK and Northern Ireland.
Orders will be dispatched same day providing cleared funds are received by 3pm, weekdays only.
1. In-store pickup: Free
2. Orders under £500: Free, insured via Royal Mail 2nd Class Signed For
3. Orders under £500: Insured Next Day Guaranteed by 1pm Upgrade. This delivery option costs £10
4. Orders over £500: Free, insured Next Day Guaranteed by 1pm. Orders in excess of £50,000 will be dispatched in separate parcels via Royal Mail Special Delivery or UPS
5. Next Day Guaranteed by 9am Upgrade: Insured delivery available on orders of any value, up to 1.8kg. This delivery option costs £25
6. Saturday Guaranteed by 9am Upgrade: Insured Saturday delivery available on orders of any value up to 1.8kg. This delivery option costs £30. All funds received after 3pm Friday will be delivered on the following Saturday
7. Saturday Guaranteed by 1pm Upgrade: Insured Saturday delivery available on orders of any value up to 9kg. This delivery option costs £20. All funds received after 3pm Friday will be delivered on the following Saturday
8. Silver and gift items weighing over 1.8kg will be sent via UPS next day delivery
9. UPS Courier Service Upgrade: Insured delivery available on orders of any value. This delivery option costs £30
If you require any additional information or service, please contact us on +44(0) 20 7871 0532
Can we help?-
We are online Mon-Fri between 9am-5pm. Please leave a message and we'll get back to you.
Our showroom is also open Mon-Fri between 9am-5pm at 54 St James's Street, London, SW1A 1JT.
Contact us on +442078710532.
Many thanks for your time, we will be in touch where appropriate.